Stop wasting valuable floor space and start going vertical! The Work Cell Staging Rack from Lean Manufacturing Products, Inc. makes it easy to visually organize your work-in-progress parts. You’ll instantly free up the space you need to stage next jobs and minimize movement of parts and materials. Improve workflow and efficiency in your manufacturing facility overnight using this staging rack, which will quickly pay for itself.
The tower’s small footprint lets you comfortably stack 16 pallets in the space usually used for one wooden pallet. A dual side-by-side version fits 32 pallets in the typical space of two wooden pallets. When all current jobs are staged in the assigned tower, you can easily see whether a work cell is busy or vacant. We suggest a cartridge tower near every department or each machine, depending on your facility and workload.
- Ideal for organizing work cells such as fiber laser cutting, punching, brake press, deburring, hardware insertion, tapping or welding
- Uses reusable steel pallets instead of wooden pallets
- 40″ x 48″ or other customizable configurations
- Extremely durable and built to stack
- Ultra-efficient when paired with a cartridge-style racking system
Frequently Asked Questions
- The reusable cartridges are typically designed to match a standard 40×48 pallet size. Height spacing is determined per order to best suit our customer’s needs.
- Height typically ranges between 10’ and 14’, depending on your ceiling and/or forklift constraints.
Yes! We base specs off of our customer’s needs. We know that our customers get the most functionality and efficiency when we design projects specifically for them.
Typically, the load rating is 3000 lbs. per shelf evenly distributed. If a different load rating is required, reach out to us and we can discuss what we can do to accommodate your needs.
- The racks are shipped in a series of flat panels (side walls & back wall) that are stood up and joined together with supplied hardware.
- They can be assembled using either an overhead crane or a forklift – typically customers do not use any outside rigging services, but we’re happy to point you in the direction of local companies if you need assistance.
- Rule of thumb is 2-3 hours for 2-3 operators for the first unit, and 1-2 hours for each additional unit after that.
Typically, 5-7 weeks is the standard lead time for the WIP Staging racks
Contact us and we are happy to supply you with footprints for the rack. Since each project can be slightly different, we prefer to provide footprints as our customers request them.
- Magnets for labeling
- Job folders on side of rack